My goal in therapy is to teach individuals and couples psychological concepts and tools that empower them to solve their own difficulties so that they will achieve a greater sense of well being and a more meaningful connection with others.
I believe that most couples in therapy can improve the quality of their interactions, overcome repeated frustrating patterns and achieve a happier more intimate loving relationship.
My therapeutic orientation is eclectic. I draw from my education and training in the following disciplines:
– Graduate School Education
– Supervised by C.H. Patterson (student of Carl Rogers, Ph.D.)
Transactional Analysis and Gestalt Therapy:
– Trained by Dr. Bob Goulding and Mary Goulding.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy:
– Courses with Aaron Beck, M.D. and David Burns, M.D.
– Codependence Certification by Pia Mellody, R.N. CAC
– Certified Imago Relationship Therapist by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
– Trained with Dr. John and Dr. Julie Gottman in Scientifically Based Marital Therapy.
– Workshop with Stephen Wolinsky, Ph.D.
– Trained with Helen Palmer and David Daniels, M.D.
– Typing Training with J.D. Daniels, Ph.D.
– Trained with Don Riso and Russ Hudson.